Saturday, July 12, 2008

Here I Go Again

You can't decide when you have a good time, when you meet new people, where the day takes you. Some folks you establish are interesting but they may or may not become your friends and that's when I wonder, what do people think of me? That's the only time I'm conscious that, you know, I'm not a vampire and I must have a reflection. Or do I?

So I had this nice morning planned, would wake up, go for a swim, get a haircut and then go meet my lovely friends Shai and Fly. However, due to unforseen circumstances, mainly my stupid ass body sleeping through several alarms, I was fast asleep at the time I was supposed to meet them and had to hurry, hurry, rush, rush as usual. Fuck I hate that, maybe its an inborn rebellion to my fauji-precision-clockwork genes, but I simply cannot be someplace on time. Thing is in the morning, every second counts, and after dinner, one hour here or there makes no difference. Sure you owls would agree.

Anyway, day still went off well. Lunch was good, I love my friends and I also love being alone and sometimes in life you get a perfect balance, and today was such a day. Madonna(because they have the same teeth) also joined us, and he and me have this mutual appreaciation society thing going, we both say nice things about each other and refrain from the other stuff, because he's one of those people that you have obvious and huge differences of opinion with, but that's ok, he is he and I am me, and in the end, I know I can count on him, and I know I'll totally come through for him, if need be and vice versa.

(Oh, but Rohan, no same teeth anymore! :D)

Also, maanged to get my haircut. While coolio dude cut away, in the parlour, there was a lady/woman getting ready for her wedding, full bridal make up, hairdo etc. and sure, she was pretty, with a busty magenta top, red cartoon nails(not even vampish) with rotting brown mehendi (haai, haai) and her friends were fluttering around her, and I'm thinking the last thing I want to do on my wedding day is spend hours in a beauty parluor - you know?

I'm not a big one for days, like I hate birthdays, not because I'm emo or anything, I just hate all the hoo haah and pressure to do something on that day. So what would I do? Let's see, I'd like to wake up without an alarm clock, with sun on my face, and immediately have something chocolate. Then, hit the pool, you know those whole body floats? Yea, float on the water, sun myself, nap whatever, have something to read, this I'll have to plan very carefully, definitely not the newspaper, because I'm sure for the rest of life I'll remember, on page 3 the mcd head something said something about potholes. I'm kooky that way.

When I'm all deliciously wet and the sun is drying the water drops off, have fresh watermelon and grape juice, french fries(oily not deep fried) and maybe chicken-mayo-capsicum sandwiches. Then a rollercoater ride, or several, and paint ball and in the evening we can dress up and go somehwere nice, or do whatever he wants to. But avoid people at all costs. I'd love for my parents to have a big party in their house, with the lawn and fairy lights and everyone can 'congratulate the happy couple' but maybe sometime the week after.

What about you guys?

Incidentally, downloaded lotsa 80s love songs, just because, and have been blasting Can't Fight This feeling(REO Speedwagon), Whitesnake, The Bangles, Cherish (Kool and the Gang) , Dangelo and The Temptaions. heehee, I've also always had this neighbour thing. Like in the previous house we lived in, it was two floors, downstairs people had a lawn and we got a terrace, and this dude, Jha, used to make all his phone conversations from the garden, he'd smoke, talk loudly, and scratch his you-know-what when he thought no one was watching(ewwww I know.) My study table was right next to his window and trust me when I tell you I knew EVERYTHING going on in his life, no kidding, from his friends to his hassles with his parents, to the girlfriend to his job(pilot, waddya expect).

There was a point to this..oh yeah, so like I knew everything about Jha without him having any idea, I have this fantasy that somebodys always listening to the music I play. Almost like I DJ for some invisible folk down below. Don't get me wrong, I play for myself, but maybe someone will have huge overlapping tastes and come searching for my door, and we can hangout and burn CDs for each other and stuff.

Hmm..too many movies.

10 comments:

Perakath said...

Hehe nice post, Elle girl! Although I think, I think it's 'ai hai' not 'haai haai'. Your observations on the difference between morning time and evening time are spot on!

My ideal birthday would consist of a lot of hangover-less drinking, stonedness, brilliant gifts, and repeated birthday sex. But that's just me-- I'm sure paintball is just as fun!

I love the two Bangles songs I've heard!

And... we all scratch our you-know-whats, even when we know someone must be looking. Can't be helped. There's no Cure For The Itch.

El said...

Cure for the itch, lmao, never thought of it like that before! Hehe, I was actually talking about wedding day, or any day for that matter, birthday included.

Brillaint gifts - like tickets to a Dream Theater concert nah?..:D

Perakath said...

If you have any, bring them on!

El said...

dude, I wish, how I wish, incidentally my all time favourite song of thers's is Killing Hand, esp the first two minutes, dare I ask yours.

Perakath said...

You do dare, yes. Terribly hard to tie it down to one song, really-- but I'd have to say Home, probably. Or Metropolis Pt 1. Or In The Name of God. Or Another Day. But Home has the most votes, I think.

Arjun Sharma said...

I am very much liking 'Tum to thehre pardesi' by Altaf Raja sir.

Arjun Sharma said...

One of my friends is very depressed she's about to turn 22. Is it just girls who do this? It must be. No one gave a shit when I turned 14 last year.

Wait, 22.

El said...

Home, will relisten.

And totally see the connection Arjun, but that's just me.

a million different people said...

Me like that Tashan song. Like way too much :(

I like wearing old old clothes on my birthday. I also like eating marshmallow on my birthday.

Me like DT's A Change of Seasons - The Crimson Sunrise.

Anonymous said...

Yes, relisten to Home... hehe...
And ummm you should just drink a LOT on your birthday... passes by well!