Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are

Dear V,


Because I have been watching badly made, pseudo-gothic Japanese movies with End of the World scenarios and male leads I can't tell apart; as gorillas spew out chomped human guts and people all over plan what they'll do on their last day on earth, I think of you.

Because I'm reading the greatest war novel of all time and Erich Maria Remarque writes, "Franz is dying and what if he were to open his mouth and cry out! But he only weeps, his head turned aside. He does not speak of his mother or his brothers and sisters. He says nothing; all that lies behind him; he is entirely alone with his little life of nineteen years, and cries because it leaves him." I think of you.

Because all I really have is ardor, its my only ammunition, my only protection. You keep me company up and down on that wretched train even though you're somewhere else.

Because you are my fantasy, my best case scenario, my triumph if you will, therefore I can only love you when I can't have you. For the rest of the world, I have other toys lined up.

Because you say, you like music without lyrics, but Chris and Eddie could wake me up from the dead. Even then, unwittingly, music which has been mine and mine alone, now reminds me of you.

Becasue it was always about me, and it didn't matter where you were, and that's why I can decide it's over. Because, these things aren't tangible and that's why they'll count as currency. It'll find you someday, all these things that went on in my head because of you, and maybe for a little while when you're down, it'll cheer you up, make you smile. And for that brief time, I would have finally found a place in your life.

~

Dear El,
I wish you'd shut the fuck up. And I really wish you'd stop writing for the sake of it, for trying to make yourself feel something just because you've read maybe 10 books more than the others. There's no need to be so smug about it. To be so antisocial. You've milked whatever we had to death and I really think it's time you moved on and accepted that you're bored and alone and verging on boring.
Find your own life please and stop trying to channel some of mine. I don't need your obsessive wheedling, it's not nice you know.
V.
ps - and stop memorising everything I say.


12 comments:

a million different people said...

I hate it when I memorise what men say - especially when I don't love them. :(

But seriously, too much wuv-melancholy in the air.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's up with all the sadness?

V sounds nasty. The kind you could do business with.

El said...

yea, sounds a bit depressive no? much more than intended or felt.

& arjun - haha, but he's quite fabulous actually, no two ways about that.

Perakath said...

Haha the ending saved it! Don't stop blogging, though.

tangled said...

hunger strike chris and eddie?

El said...

Chris Cornell and Eddie Vedder.

tangled said...

YES I KNEW IT. w00t.
You know I meant this, right? My pet moment comes around 1:10.

P.S. The hair! The hair! ^_^

El said...

hehe, yup. I was very leetle in 1992, but now,

I'm not hungry. <3 :D

Anonymous said...

Haha! Why do we ALL go through this. Why!!?

PS. I love that song.

PPS. Don't ever stop writing. Ever.

El said...

Really?

Suppose when you're in it, it seems like you're the first person to have all these wonderful(cough) feelings.

and this is why we blog...

thanks vanille :)

Anonymous said...

dear el
i sincerely doubt he'd be so mean. he might even enjoy the obsessive wheedling. boys are like that... haha. god forbid any of 'your boys' read your blog though... its like one love letter after another. very subtle... (read- ps)

very sincerely
zed (if u can be an alphabet, then so can I)

ps- not

El said...

master of disguises eh taggie(or was it peaches?), not going to blow your cover now but :D, am most happy about all this, and like you've figured it's mostly a selfish thing, so I'll take my chances.