Thursday, June 12, 2008

come back and haunt me, follow me home

So the boss type person at the NGO thing is leaving for good. Tis funny, but in this one week I think I know everything there is to know about him, he's jut one of those people. I was hanging around on my first day, not sure of what to do exactly, no one was taking any notice of me, I pulled out my book cautiously but as I sat vacant reading, he took me under his wing and boy, did I do a lot of work for him. He alternated between calling me M'am and bachoo, kaam ho raha hai m'am? yea yea, and aise nahi bachoo, ho hum ok. He'd make tea for us and he took a sip from my mug by mistake once and ever since then he goes, don't drink my tea. And he cracks lame jokes like;
he(nonchalantly while filling a form) what's the date today?
me: date,
he: aaj birthday hai..
me: whose?
he: hoga kisi kaa..
/guffaw.

Weird, don't think I'll forget this dude in a long while, considering I might never have met him.

So now I'm working on something else and heard that this guy from Singapore was coming down to also volunteer on the same thing and I'd decided I'd have a crush on him BUT he turned out to be a nanha munha school going baccha who likes Akon. Hovering friend said we've become grannies. Indeed.

Also, you know how to get everyone to agree to YOUR plan, like the place you want to go and the movie you want to see, esp when it's one of those impromptu things? Me has the gaadi, we're going ____, I say and everyone sits down meekly in the car. ~power <3>

Sometimes, a friendship is not equal, and with this one person I just know that I was a better friend to him than he ever was or can be to me. I listened dude to loads and loads of neurotic, egoistic stuff and said lots of nice stuff which I actually meant and prepped him up and anticipated his moods and didn't gloat when I beat him by a long shot even though he sat on my head in the rare ocassion(ahem) that me got two marks more than me. He said used to say I was his good luck charm...Don't know what happened to that really, classic case of Drifted Apart, but somehow I feel like there's something incomplete there, like when you give more than you get, the bank balances don't tally and the ledger can't be closed.

Moribund similies aside, his role in my life is not quite done it seems. I shall find out I meet him to cough:: take his insane TV show collection ::cough hang out and other such.

And now he's gone and seen Chester in flesh and blood, that's the ONLY thing that rankles me up. Say what you want about LP, I loved them and howdya manage solving maths sums without Hybrid Theory or Minutes to Midnight?

and you know the lyrics to In the End so don't pretend otherwise.

6 comments:

a million different people said...

That was such a non joke. Strangle him.

Shit, I never have that power when I have the car. It's always "You have to drive us home today! Pleeease." and I say "Ok ok, now shut up". It's that simple.

I hate Drifted Apart mode. Too many stories along that lane.

I only know "In the end, it doesn't even maatter". Does that count?

Chandni said...

Hell everyone is meeting Chester except me :( A group of my friends got to see LP LIVE IN MADISON SQUARE. I had to make do with some very fuzzy videos taken by a mobile phone which was in the hand of an obviously excited frenzied singing along to each song person. Duh.

The Drifted Away Syndrome is an inevitable part of every relationship...some live through others just...whatever.

El said...

amdp - totally counts :), thanks for monster magnet, been listening to some songs..

chandni - suppose so, that's what kills me living in this country, I swear the day either U2, Audioslave or Pearl Jam come here I'll have a havan, shave my head, distribute mithai or whatever you do when miracles happen.

Anonymous said...

thy will be done
in india, as it is in england

ps - will make sure rhcp gets to tour india. or maybe coldplay. don't worry. i have it all planned out.

Perakath said...

Haha.. Slayed us with that last line, did you not?

I know someone completely unworthy who got to watch a famous, landmark Dream Theater concert in NYC. Grrr...

El said...

really zaphod? then I'm sticking around..

and hain nah zorro?The most undeserving people get to watch live concerts and it doesn't even MEAN anything to them.