Sunday, May 4, 2008

I could never do that, someone would see through that

What would be your Dream Jobs?

Here are mine; I've combined a couple of them(as is evident.)

1. Rock Journalist (1968-1972) - for the Rolling Stone or Cream a.k.a. Willaim Miller, get to review Led Zeppelin IV and Morrison Hotel and listen to Stairway when it FIRST comes out, meet CCR, Jethro Tull, Iggy, Bread and Frank Zappa and apparently you got loadsa free records. Be permanently on tour and then settle down somewhere, have tonnes of records and as time passes, they get more valuable and all of sudden I'm rich. I'll have old friends from the tour over all the time and some new ones, like Joe Elliot, have a free unlimited supply of booze, so my underground room gets converted into a pub place kinda thing, of which I chuck out all people who listen to crap and die happily because of all the experimental drugs pumped in my body before the internet kicks in and our souls get scattered all across it.

2. Professional Tennis Player(1990 - 2002) - Win wimbeldon three times in a row(but not make want people want to tear their hair out like Federer), stay long enough to rake in the big bucks and then quit and start a slightly fancy bar/restrauant and when it gets super successful have a string of them all over the world and since I'll be all sporty anyway, take to surfing at a later stage(in my 30s) and do loads of moonlight dancing on the beach.

3. Writer kind of person (1945-1998), put out one incredibly bad book that nobody reads, be a profesor of English or History at a university maybe in New England, have my students adore me, share cigs with the drama club teacher and be Staff Supervisor to the best college magazine in the country. Marry a stunning up and coming artist who's genius is recognised after I've been the only person who faithfully believed in him for several years. Dabble in photography, freelance on the side, translate stuff from Czech and Polish, do a stint with Lonely Planet, and then, at 50 write one brilliant novel about my country and war and love and life and everything and spend the next couple of years basking in the glory, writing the next novel, giving talks here and there, traveling in style and die famously and suddenly at 53 with an uncompleted manuscript in my desk that'll be auctioned off and never published.

4. Be part of Alexander's Vanguard(something B.C.), and travel with him across Asia Minor to the Ends of the Earth and shout Alexandre! Alexandre! Alexandre! and be written in history forever and always.

5. Paintball Park Patron, I love paintball no matter how much it's supposed to hurt and maybe own a water park as well(not a lame excuse for one but one with the longest/fastest slides or something) somewhere on the highway between Bangalore and Coorg.

6. Inherit an Estate, maybe in Costwalds or near Pondicherry or the east near Tawang but somewhere not too cold. Have a lovely cottage with wooden panneling and a fireplace and miles and miles or farm land with a wood enclosed as well. I'd have horses and ride them around in the morning to check on everything and a whole bunch of dogs, Buddy too, though a meaner tougher version of him and a meaner tougher version of me. Also lots of other animals like on willow farm and in Thornbirds. And I'd have a jignormous library which a hundred years down the line will be something of a mecca, not a tourist place with tickets but an open place where you could come and live there and spend your days reading or writing or both.

7. Park Ranger/Jungle Guide and be one of those people clamping down the crocodiles as Steve Irwin talks into the camera and become this eccentric old lady with a fondness for liquor and an overused rifle who knows far too much about the jungle.

8. Doc - surprise entry here but it runs in the family and I really regret not even considering it seriously, I hate to say this but my decision was guided solely by, Look I've just given my 10th boards and I dont wanna join Akash tuitions or some such and take freaking PCM and bleeding B and just for that I said chuck it. Just like that.

9. Minister of Magic, and a famous Auror with legendary stealth ninja skills.

Oh I'm not going to ask for 10, nine's just fine for me.

5 comments:

Perakath said...

Tsk, I don't like the thought of number 3

Chandni said...

No. 3 was my favourite. Its aspunky interesting job. You die young and happy. :D

a million different people said...

I partly like 5. Just the paintball part. I want to play paintball all day and then eat some lasagna, play with my lab, and go to the pool, and then sleep peacefully. I'll be the paintball champion; I'll take a vacation every month and travel. Shit.

7 is a riot. Except I want to be Shaun Ellis. Except I know I'll never be him. Still.

El said...

why re zorro? some people have only one book in them..

maybe you can't be him but you could always marry him, no? ;)

Anonymous said...

oooh... 3! And 5! Me likes :) The first one is Almost Famous! hehe...

I wish.... we all wish...