Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pocket full of Sunshine

There are some people who you know, always keep their phone with them and will reply to a message within five minutes, like Kasha; so apart from being my phraand she's also my message buddy.

There are some people who you know check their mail everyday or maybe twice a day and will reply to an email within hours, like Fly, so she's my msn/gmail buddy, apart from being my BFF(private joke.)

Then there are people who read your message but take ages, maybe days to reply; who will let your call ring and ring and then say oh, my phone was flung across the room, etc etc - like me. I'm sick of making excuses and lying and avoiding calls. Guess there are some people who don't always pick up our calls and we have the upper hand with some people who'll call and we can decide not to pick up. Or something...

Anyway, I had a good day today, inspite of 3 traffic jams, THREE. Had a nice long chat with my grandparents and it was one of those days when they were talking about themselves as young people which is always wonderful to hear. Plus I had a full inbox and emails for all over, which made me smiley AND most importabtly, inspite of my dismal overall result, the marksheet which I received today says that indeed I have got 36 out of 38 in the ONE paper I studied for so I'm feeling mighty pleased with myself. (heehee, kaha se kaha)

Also, other stuff which I've been trying to get out of, is sorting itself now, and I can just relax and do my own thing and be with people I actually like and make PLANS, which I'd almost forgotten how to do.

On the movie front, I have been watching almost 2 a day, most recently saw My left Foot, The Prestige, Y Tu Mama Tambein (absolutely lovely even without the several nude scenes), Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day, Son of Rambow (the humour of which I totally did not get) and several others.

Besides a threatening to rain, slightly breezy day, nice :) All is right with the world.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

:|

ok.

if you say so, i will believe you.

Perakath said...

Hehe... I may not believe you. But good to know it's right for some people!

I'm like Kasha and Fly both, myself. If I don't answer my phone I'm bathing, riding the bike, or sleeping.

El said...

@marvin - guess you have to live up to your marvin alter ego, must be trying having a brain the size of a planet no?

@pera - then you're a very good boy/friend/correspondent. :)

@post - omg spelling!

manu said...

i am an anti-social-cell-phone user.. i check it about twice a week, to see if anyone called. but email me and watch me answer at the speed of light!

36 out of 38!! waah.. but woh baaki ke do mark kyon nahi mile?.. 17 years i heard that remark @my-mother. but cant say i ever got near 36/38 scores.. you must be smart. do you also stick your hand up whenever teacher asks ques?? i thought you were like cool?? :-D

Anonymous said...

oh. gee. yeah.
i was trying to pretend otherwise. heh heh.

you through the ruse eh?
pretty smart.

and just for the sake of stating it.
geeks can be cool re.
i am telling you. it's all because of this thing called preconditioning.

baah.

El said...

@manu - no no the reason I was pleased because I'd done SO terribly in everything else! your mama seems most sensible:)

@Marvin - Geeks are cool, or anybody nerdy, really. Abs and nangoo type people make me sick. All great art is about being uncool, or some such..er, thats' what Lester Bangs said.

Thanatos said...

Hate people who don't pick up their cell phones on a regular basis. It's a CELL PHONE. It's supposed to be on your person nearly all the time. That's the point of owning one.

Hate people who don't return voicemails even more. I took the time to leave you a message (after putting up with your stupid announcement), how about you call me back before my teeth fall out?

Chandni said...

manu and marvin!!! El, I could tell you a secret but u can ask the nerd himself. Loved the post (though the spellings were errr). Brought on a smile. Thanks!