Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just because I'm losing...

Doesn't mean I'm lost.
Doesn't mean I'll stop.

What is it with the blogosphere these past couple of weeks? It seems like one person lost their nerve and so did everyone else simultaneously. It's a chain reaction with blog-blahness, and suddenly things are either too trivial or too huge to put in here. However abandoned readers fear not, for I am back with..err, vengeance?

So the easiest, let's talk about books. Have several to read at the same time, which is no fun but the most memorable one is Gabriel Garcia Marquez's - My Melancholy Whores. It's a nice, small compact book and fits in your hand nicely, besides it's hardcover which is a plus. I can bet you a huge load of cash that Marquez himself kept a diary where he counted the women he slept with. I mean first Florentino and then this guy. Or if he didn't, he thought about it alot.


Anyway, over the past couple of days I've had long long chats with old friends, and you know what they say, all birds come home to roost. Guess we leave bits of our selves scattered in the past that comes a full circle. They recount all their escpades, sexual and boy related, over the past couple of months, like getting sorta drunk and holding hands with Goan boys who jive. And then, after half an hour of them, it's like what about you? Man oh man am I glad I have no news.

Among friends then, there is that reassurance that yes, we have the same life for tomorrow and the day after and the year after that, and I'm really happy about that - someone has your back you know, who'll give your proxy attendence if you're not in class or pick up your fee form when they get theirs, or order two cups of chai without asking. It sure is nice to have a friend.

8 comments:

Nimpipi said...

goan boys who jive.. :)

nice ring.

Perakath said...

Triviality hota hain, when college reopens and for once one is not feeling all lonely and whiny and drunk. I HATE giving proxy. It's a pain, it's unfair that they get to laze around at the Nescafe, and I'm basically too selfish for it.

Thanatos said...

Proxy is good - what goes around...

I think its rather unfortunate that drunken conversations go from hilarious anecdotes about the other sex, then to TMI kind of discussions about sex itself, finally ending in sentimental, emotionally drenched soliloquies about life and romance. Meh. I'm not saying I'm above all this, but it's unfortunate, no?

Also, forgive me for living in a cave. What is this blog panic you talk of?

El said...

@ pipi - :D

@ pera - collect all those IOUs, they'll come in handy someday!

@ thantos - maybe it's just the blogs I read, either way crisis averted. :) Is it really all that unfortunate? Soul chats are good once in awhile, then again not too often, because why must everything always become about everything else?

a million different people said...

Hm. Goan boys. I don't have stories about them. =)

Proxy. Liked them if only for the thrill. Never wanted them, sports had my back.

Thanatos said...

No no, it doesn't have to be about everything else all the time. "Not too often" is the key...

Thanatos said...

And also, we're "Sweet Torment" not "Seet" :P

El said...

omg, blogger wtf?!! I'm sure, like a 100 and 1000 percent that is was sweet. Its a conspiracy I tell you.