Sunday, April 27, 2008

Morning View

So you must forgive me for this annoying everyday thing I've started here, it's just ever since the first post, I've been composing blogposts in my head non stop and cannot wait to put them up here. And if you leave a comment you'll make me very happy and I'll dance all over the place like a fish just out of water.

I just over did it with the fish analogy no?

*Was flipping through channels and saw Super Sweet Sixteen or some such on VH1 and there was this girl screaming as her dadah gave her keys to a 100000 $ car(mercedes or bmw or something very expensive and pointless) which she so knew she was getting because she went dadiiiiiieeeee, can i have this car in the showroom and he said 'we'll see' in a i-wouldn't-dare-not-give-it-to-you way. So yea big shocker there but oh but I don't know why I had this sudden looking at my life from above thing, and it was me there, and it was my dad giving me the keys to my lovely beaten up smashed in painted out backseat full of dog hair golden maruti zen, wrapped up all nicely with a red bow and it was me going EEEEEEE because that's what it means to me.

That much. Probably much more.

*You get blue ray vision sometimes no? Like there are things which are all around but which you don't notice unless you have to. I suddenly feel like Holly Short or a member of some SWAT team and there's this fancy digital map on my view shield with big blinking dots on it. Like cigarettes for example, if you need to buy em, depends on where you are you know exactly where to go right? Opposite side of McDonlads in GK, the row of them outside Basant Lok, near the back parking lot in Khan and ofcourse your friendly neighbourhood supplier.

Or walking your dog, it's a dormant skill that you just acquire, it's not like I hadn't seen stray doggies before I just never noticed them. When I'm walking Buddy (yea don't ask, I didn't name him) I know exactly at which turn and lane, which stray is going to lurk and their varying degrees of visciousness, they're blips too which I craftily avoid and promptly feel like a ninja. Or petrol pumps or Icecream vendors. I mean you cross them on the street all the time but when you you're on the look out for a lick lolly in this heat! on your drive back home, then the visor kicks in and you know there's going to be one on Vinay Marg on the other side of Nehru Park and ofcourse a whole bunch opposite Bikaji Cama. so yea.

*Also, I was never one for covers or live versions of songs but then I heard this recording of Oasis and Stereophonics - Live Forever(live in Dublin), and it starts off with a lot of noise and some incomprehensible on stage talking, audience screaming and clapping. Doesn't seem too big, one of those 100-200 small crowd things and you can hear this guy talking and this girl laughing and the everyone's singing away happily, and I can see them as if they're infront of me, lazily drinking, raising their glasses with uncomplicated guitar riffs washing over them and they're all sloshed in a fuzzy way and I'm getting goosebumps because, i think you're the same as me, you see things i never see, you and i are gonna live forever. ~lalala~

6 comments:

Perakath said...

Oh we're all constantly composing blog posts in our heads, worry not.

Golden Zen? Same pinch.

Perakath said...

I am in general very much one of THOSE people, hehe. Right now: dents zero. But that's because it hasn't yet arrived in Delhi-- it's coming all the way from TN, should be here next week. It remains to be seen how beaten up it'll get. I used to fix every little problem with my bike... now I repair only the essential things. Appearances can go to hell :)

I make an effort to remember where strategically placed utilities are-- especially SBI ATMs and 24-hour petrol pumps. Not that I ever end up using any of them. But if I needed it to, my visor could kick in...

Mister Crowley said...

Owner of a very old and very bashed up green zen, here.....I love that car..my little Christine...unfortunately is definitely sounding like a cow in labour....actually more like a dying cow...so, will have to rid myself of it soon...
Bah

Mister Crowley said...

And i quite agree with perakath...we're all composing blogposts in our heads. Hell, my whole life's a bleddy blogpost....only right now it's less compose, and more non compos mentis...

El said...

ah, but you guys have been doing this forever so you'll are pros,

and I've been lurking shamelessly for months reading your blogs.

green as in that netallic shiny one?

a million different people said...

Yes, about the composing blog posts? Total goal, that one. I go one step further - I think of a whole load of things while I drive, and forget when I come home and sulk. Life: Not even in the game; Me: 0.