Friday, November 21, 2008

Stars Hollow Blues

Hello world,

Today is cold day - I decided to not wake up and go to college, an excellent idea as these always turn out to be inspite of the fact that I'd be missing double lectures bla bla - there's also the little thing called winter dressing, see when you leave your home early in the morning it's all cold and windy and you want to wear everything possible; then in the metro, which is centrally heated (and crowded) it gets warm and your sweater begins pricking your back, but by the time you reach university its cold again, and the rickshaw ride is freezing. As the day wears on it gets warmer till you have to take off atleast one layer and once your home, it's cold again but one can wear any old thing. So basically it's a lot of planning and today I wans't upto it, you know I'm kidding when I say things like this right?

So I've been reading Everything is Illuminated, which is interesting to say the least, and writing technique wise brilliant, but even though I'm reading it, not really enjoying it, especially since this guy's a prodigy and every single critic says he's not overrated. I liked his second book better, which moved me tremendously.

Also read Breakfast at Tiffany's which by the waw I had no idea was a novella by Truman Capote, yes of Capote the movie fame. Now that was a fun book, oddly suspenseful, and she (Holly Golightly, the belle of NY) mentions, that Nehru is her type of man. (!!!)

Felt like making brownies today, and went all enthu and all to pull out the cocoa and brown sugar etc, but there was noMaida, which was fine because to be homnest I didn't really feel like baking, I just missed it.

Instead I am eating parle g biscuits which are as good.

More later, ponchos aren't condusive to typing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:|

:|

:|

Three straight faced mice.

That's the book I am reading. Or so it seems.

Molly Horan said...

Have you seen the movie version of Everything is Illuminated? It's nothing compared to the book, but there is a pretty funny scene involving a potato. For future reference, some things that are also detrimental to typing: pleather dance shirts, wet nails, and trigger finger.

El said...

No I haven't actually, but heard that Johnathan has a small role in it!

Welcome here :) while there might not be too many posts, I do have cookies.

Thanatos said...

Parle G? As good as brownies? No!!!! I'll go eat a dozen or so, just to avenge that comment :D

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... the post title got me thinking about Gilmore Girls and the post got me thinking about how wrong you are about Parle G... or rather brownies... Hmmm...

When are you writing next??

Neo said...

I just discovered you blog a couple of days back and I guess I have read pretty much all the archives.
Like it much-ly.:)
Post, pretty please.