Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Well, it's been ten years and maybe more since I first set eyes on you.

Some days I love forums and databases and lists. The fact that I have one dress and unused heels. That people on different continents wish me happy birthday and I teach them how to pronounce one of my several names. Reading on pavements and writing poems in my car - I like that I am that person regardless of whether it amounts to anything or not. Impromptu movies with feet up in lazy boy armchairs - how decadently it pans out for me. I don’t know what PMS is but if it gives me uninterrupted sleep and the license to read in bed the whole day - hell, I’ll take it. I love that Heartbreaker makes me so happy, that blasting music in the morning while having coffee is now routine, albeit morning being 1 p.m. and to think that life will simply carry on this way.

I want to wake up to subterranean sounds, to dew and lawns and a river rumble in the distance. The sharpness, the crispness of a morning that a bungalow invites in. I want to be bored and well dressed and have suitors and bookshelves. I want Buddy to be able to have a bath in the back lawns and run and run till he has a stitch in his side. I want to have a people moving in and out kinda house. Where we sit at the dining table long after lunch with beer, in the afternoon sunshine, talking, dreaming, smoking, drifting - and we retire to write, or have sex, or work or whatever takes our fancy and let the evening take its course.

3 comments:

Marvin said...

gaah. you seem to be on an extended vacation. not that i am not on one. but we need to be jealous of one another. na?

more on the style. you have got a talent thee. why don't you try your hand at fiction sometime. great. now i am giving the same advice to all halfway decent bloggers i know. i must stop. NOW.

: |

ps - have answered thy query in they previous post.

pps - how do you happen to have a canine kind named buddy? is the name that common.

Piper said...

It's amazing how a song full with such angst can sound 'happy'. Heartbreaker IS the ideal morning song.

Your writing has the distinctive appearance of not being carefully thought about or reviewed. And that's a good thing. Makes for interesting reading :)

Pringle Man said...

Aw shucks, yea, it's a journal entry almost word to word.